5 things Rob Pike attributes Go’s success to
- Writing a formal specification of the language.
- Making Go attractive for app developers to use. Having key software written in Go created confidence in it.
- Establishing a strong open-source community that supported Go. Being prepared for a tricky balancing act while listening and implementing.
- Counterintuitive, but making the language hard to change. Yes, it creates rigidity but also makes it harder for old code to break.
- Constantly listening to the community, but sticking to the things Go team believed are important from their specs.
Full post here, 4 mins read