- Heavily API-based platforms create significant technical overhead for developers.
- A separate API composition layer that squirrels away service integration to let developers focus on functionality is a potential solution.
- Let the API composition layer hold all the technical work of connecting every unique API and combine all the data sources for a project.
- Have the API composition platform automatically paginate and filter data, leaving the developer free to focus on the core application logic.
- Adopt a shared compositional logic.
- Using libraries & modules is the most lightweight option to adopt for API composition. Serverless is a close second. Microservices, if adopted with restraints, can work in some cases too.
Full post here, 20 mins watch time