Unique benefits of using GraphQL in microservices
- The data structure in GraphQL allows for well-defined & delineated data ownership for each request.
- You can have great control over the data loading process and therefore control how data is transferred in a very granular way.
- As GraphQL allows for request bundles composed of many requested resources, it can leverage a sort of parallel execution for data requests. This allows a single request to fulfill the requirements that would otherwise have been through multiple requests to multiple services over multiple servers.
- GraphQL can budget requests, allows the server to prioritize requests and grant them where appropriate, and reduces timed out requests in the long run.
- It saves ave processor time and effort because it utilizes Object Identifiers to cache often-requested data.
Full post here, 8 mins read