- Modern cloud-native DBs, that expose stateless REST APIs, work best for serverless computing.
- Amazon’s Aurora Serverless variant scales to demand, resizes to meet storage capacity and handles routine maintenance as a managed service. Its Data API feature works with SQL DBs.
- With Amazon DynamoDB, designing your data to work it while supporting access patterns is hard. Complex queries can be tricky too.
- Microsoft’s Azure Cosmos works with several APIs & supports multiple data models. It lets you choose the exact tradeoffs between performance & consistency.
- Google’s Cloud Firestore works well for web and mobile apps. It has built-in security without requiring a backend and it syncs across clients in realtime.
Full post here, 7 mins read