Want to debug latency?
- Latency is a critical measure to determine whether our systems are running normally or not.
- There are many collections libraries available that help you collect latency metrics.
- Heat maps are useful as they help visualize latency distribution over time.
- After narrowing down the source of the latency to a service or process, look at the host-specific and in-process reasons why latency occurred in the first place.
- If the host is behaving normally and networking is not impacted, go and further analyze the in-process sources of latency.
- Some language runtimes like Go allows us to internally trace runtime events in the lifetime of a request.
Full post here, 6 mins read