- Use iTerm2 or Bash to know which Git branch you are working on and its status.
- Use Tmux to manage multiple window splits with fast shortcuts and hot-keys. The screen function also lets you suspend sessions and return to them later.
- Shell Aliases are handy to remember the syntax for tedious commands and long-winded texts.
- Organising code directories helps differentiate between cloned repositories and something you might be tinkering with locally.
- Ripgrep is way faster than git-grep and can blaze through lines and lines of code to find what you’re looking for quickly.
Full post here, 4 mins read