Learning DevOps as a software engineer
- Monitoring/visibility, reliability & software delivery - focus on these three things that help in improving the quality of production.
- Monitoring four signals - latency, request rate, saturation, and error & success rate - is helpful in catching potential problems.
- Analyzing which components can fail and how their failure can affect the system should be an important step in building new services or refactoring current ones.
- Running end-to-end tests on staging and production is crucial.
- Continuous delivery workflow is extremely important to reduce operational overheads and to enable faster delivery.
Full post here, 4 mins read