What Google taught me about scaling engineering teams
- Focus on building shared tools & abstractions across engineering teams. Dedicate people to it.
- Create reusable training material & use it to onboard new engineers.
- Agree on a set of standard coding conventions as early as possible.
- Take code reviews seriously and use them to increase code quality.
- Having lots of right data will solve many problems.
- Automate testing to scale your code. Rigorously focus on tests during code reviews too.
Full post here, 5 mins read