The big bad guide on database testing
- Check for data mapping, ACID properties and data integrity of your DB, and ensure they implement your business logic accurately.
- The most common test techniques are transactions for the ACID properties, checks of keys and indices, parameters and results of stored procedures, evaluation of triggers and field constraints, etc.
- Stress testing and performance testing are critical too.
- SQL queries are the most reliable way to qualitatively test apps with low or medium complexity.
- Use a database testing tool that considers the business, data access and UI as well as the database itself.
Full post here, 8 mins read