How to prevent such a loss?
- Enforce a 7-day-timeframe complete log check.
- Mandate daily monitoring of logs at the end of each day. Team members can rotate through this role for a daily check and a 2-week sprint.
- Require a minimum of two approvals per pull request.
- Use a refactoring approach for writing tests - if a test fails, reverse your last change and implement it in a way that does not break the test, changing the code only one line at a time.
- For flows of code that are harder to cover with unit tests, you may need a hybrid of unit &integration tests.
Full post here, 7 mins read