Lessons learned — a year of going “fully serverless” in production
- API server on serverless leads to automatic scalability, high availability and reduces costs dramatically.
- Deploying a Lambda function has a 52Mb limitation. Mitigate this by including only the required dependencies and trimming their size by excluding unused files.
- For background jobs such as file processing, keep a set of dedicated Lambda functions that are not part of the API server.
- A good approach to logging is to stream the Lambda logs into a dedicated Lambda that is responsible for sending it to the 3rd party logging service.
- When it comes to environment variables, don’t commit your secrets to source control.
Full post here, 6 mins read