Do you have too many microservices? - 5 design attributes that can help
- When you are developing microservices, ensure that each service relies on its own underlying data stores. If multiple services reference the same table in a DB, there is a great chance that your DB is a source of coupling. You must avoid such coupling.
- You should try to minimise the number of database tables a microservice uses.
- At the onset, be clear about whether a service needs to be stateful or stateless.
- Understand the system-wide relationships of a microservice with other services and what impact does non-availability of a particular microservice will have on the system.
- Design your service to be the single source of truth for something in your system.
Full post here, 9 mins read