Mitigating serverless lock-in fears
- Think lock-in cost = migration cost - opportunity gain from the migration. Maximize opportunity gain and minimize migration costs.
- To maximize opportunity gain, deploy existing tools such as serverless framework, apex, claudia.js & be as cloud-native as possible using the backend service provided by your cloud vendor.
- To minimize migration costs, choose a programming language that's supported by multiple vendors. Separate application domain from the platform and invest in a good architecture pattern.
- Avoid integration tests heavily dependent on the cloud vendor and think of reusable abstractions instead.
- Use standardized technology such as HTTP and SQL.
Full post here, 6 mins read