Practical advice for new software engineers
- Get feedback early. While working on a pull request, start with a trivial change just to open it up for discussion. Or offer mockups, whiteboard wireframes or sketches, before you start writing code.
- Thinking out loud can lend enough clarity for the solution to emerge readily.
- Automate your most tedious or more frequently run processes.
- Don’t let writing the perfect abstraction slow you down.
- Read ahead to get more context when struggling to comprehend code, documentation or technical articles.
- Keep detailed daily/weekly notes of what you worked on, problems you encountered, and how you solved them.
Full post here, 6 mins read