Five strategies to remove single points of DNS failure
- Stay aware of trends that can compromise the 13 root name servers.
- Choose a top-level domain more likely to stay up under large-scale attacks or software faults, unlikely to change hands and with significant investment in infrastructure.
- Choose a DNS provider that uses Anycast and is large and scalable; use a different company to service your endpoints.
- Keep track of expiration dates of domains and SSL certificates.
- Don’t couple your endpoints and DNS zone control in one provider.
Full post here, 11 mins read