Staging environments are too important to be overlooked: here's why
- Data sets tested locally are usually an unrealistic representation of what is in production and can expose users to potentially breaking changes.
- Staging environments can reduce the errors occurring due to unmet dependencies.
- They reduce the chances of incorrectly merged changes getting deployed to production and save you from potentially rolling changes back or hotfixes.
- They reduce the impact or number of errors in your product and result in indirect cost savings.
- Using staging environments can result in a higher degree of quality assurance.
Full post here, 7 mins read