Technical Decision Making
Tips for effective technical decision making:
- Define the problem first. Then look at tooling options to solve it.
- Prioritize solving real problems over the most visible problems.
- Be cognizant of the present context while pattern matching solutions from the past.
- Choose a tool that doesn’t add too much collateral complexity to your system
- Ensure you define what an impactful project looks like for your company.
- Plan projects in a way that no subproblem can become the single point of failure for the entire project.
Full post here, 8 mins read