The hidden costs of serverless
- API Gateways tend to be a huge chunk of your serverless costs when you connect to a lot of APIs.
- The switch to serverless may not be worth it if data storage and networking are the largest chunks of your application’s costs.
- Two unknown costs of moving to serverless come in the shape of code maintenance and cold starts.
- Assess the cost of extra code maintenance and the extra time spent switching to serverless.
- Look for the pricing advantages of serverless providers that suit you best.
- Utilize the free tiers from vendors. Sometimes they will be enough for you to run smaller workloads.
Full post here, 6 mins read