The Pyramid of Unit Testing Benefits
Effective unit test coverage on your codebase is the holy grail of software development. While it takes effort to do, at times the benefits aren’t entirely clear. This article details the benefits of unit testing very effectively.
- Validates your code by giving you immediate feedback. Silly mistakes and bugs can be caught early through this process.
- Forcing your code to be testable generally leads to better design and explicit dependencies.
- You can use the test suite as an up-to-date documentation of the software. If the tests pass, that’s what the code is supposed to do.
- Prevent regressions by building an extensive test suite.
- We are all constantly refactoring our code. Having a good test suite acts as a good safety net to ensure that we still deliver the functionality that was promised.
Full post here, 3 mins read