Things to remember before you say yes to automation testing
- All tests can’t be and shouldn’t be automated. Know which tests, if automated, will stop finding bugs and keep them out of the automation list.
- Work on well thought out and well-defined test cases before starting to build test automation.
- Use the programming language your testers are familiar with to keep the learning curve not too steep.
- If test automation gives ambiguous results, don’t consider it. There must be a problem with the test script or test plan. Look at solving that problem.
- Break your test suite into smaller chunks of independent test cases that don’t affect the results of other test cases.
Full post here, 6 mins read