Tips for high availability
- Go for regional deployment, validate the change and then go for global deployment.
- Choose deployment windows during off-peak times for each geographical location.
- Any deploys triggered automatically should not be executed during off-work hours or weekends.
- Use testing & canary analysis to validate code before it is pushed to production.
- Deploy to production exactly what you tested.
- Know how to roll back any deploys quickly.
- Use preconditions to verify the expected state.
Full post here, 9 mins read