Tips for more helpful code reviews
- Consider the impact of your words. If necessary, rewrite comments for empathy and clarity both.
- Elaborate on your concerns to be more specific and to avoid ambiguity, even if it sounds more verbose.
- While suggesting changes include code samples. Treat a code review as a public conversation, and remember even experienced developers can gain from ideas on implementation.
- Include a link to relevant documentation when referencing a function, commit or pull request. For concepts, link a blogpost. Make it easy for the author to get to things you reference with a single click.
- Offer to chat in person or on video call for clarifications, and volunteer to pair up and collaborate on any suggested changes.
Full post here, 5 mins read