The traits of serverless architecture
- The initial learning curve is low and hence there is low barrier-to-entry. It lets you on-board quickly without needing to develop server management skills.
- Being hostless, it reduces operational overhead on server maintenance. However, you need to learn different monitoring metrics, non-traditional security issues and the specific limitations of each service.
- Serverless architecture is stateless and helps you scale horizontally and reduces errors. But it makes it hard to use stateful technology such as HTTP sessions or WebSockets.
- You need to learn distributed message delivery methods and the behavior of distributed transactions.
- High availability is offset by less consistency, and each serverless service has its own consistency model.
Full post here, 11 mins read