Happy customers, quality code: the new trends in software development
Results from Atlassian’s research with 500 software developers & IT professionals, conducted at the beginning of 2019.
- It takes an average of 3.3 different tools to know the real status of the project and teams use an average of 4.3 tools to move code from development to production.
- 71% of software & IT teams who use a microservices structure believe it’s easier to test or deploy features.
- 57% developers reported fewer bugs or outages by adopting CI/CD solutions.
- Feature flagging reduces risks while rolling out features to customers. 63% developers who use feature flagging reported better testing of features or higher quality software.
- Outcome-driven development is shifting the focus away from feature delivery speed to the customer value features creates.
Full post here, 4 mins read