Why developers like GraphQL?
- Superior developer experience in comparison to alternatives.
- Multiple teams can work independently and in parallel, giving developers a pleasant experience without stalling their development work.
- There is no versioning of APIs. Adding new fields has no effect on the current client’s call to the APIs.- no pain of maintaining multiple versions of the API.
- Declarative data fetching lets you ask for exactly what you need and get it.
- GraphQL schema has several advantages including predictable code, schema acting as a contract between client and server, independent teams and early detection of errors.
Full post here, 6 mins read