Will Kubernetes fall into the “shiny things” trap?
- New & shiny can also mean immature.
- Developers must be cautious about excessive reliance on new technologies.
- Do not ask simply how to leverage Kubernetes at scale, ask how to use a single abstraction to cover Kubernetes, on-premises visualization and the entire IT landscape.
- To be cloud-native, you may need to rewrite your existing tech as containerized microservices.
- Build your version for full compatibility with other vendors instead of complete portability and abstraction across environments.
Full post here, 6 mins read